Details of the official school uniform are set out below:
The Governors and Staff expect that all students wear full school uniform. It helps students identify with the school and reduces tension at home about what is appropriate school wear.
- St Helena School navy blazer with logo
- St Helena School blue tie
- Plain harrow or graphite grey traditional school trousers (non-stretch material).
- From September 2020 girls in years 8-11 have the option to wear the St Helena School harrow grey school skirts with logo. Skirts should be of knee length.
- Year 7 girls have the option to wear the St Helena School harrow grey school culottes with logo or harrow grey trousers.
- From September 2021 girls in Years 7 and 8 have the option to wear the St Helena School harrow grey school culottes with logo or harrow grey trousers.
- Long or short-sleeved plain white shirt with traditional collar buttoned to the top.
- Harrow or graphite grey or black tights or socks.
- Traditional black polishable low-heel shoes
- A suitable outdoor coat for wearing to and from school. Hoodies, leather jackets and denim jackets are NOT permitted anywhere on the school site.
Optional: St Helena School blue jumper with turquoise blue strip.
All items of our school uniform can be purchased through our uniform suppliers
A girls version of the blazer is available if preferred
Skinny jeans, skinny trousers, leggings, tapered trousers, chinos and flares are NOT classed as traditional school wear. As a guide: trousers should be tailored, the leg width remaining the same from hip to ankle. The width of the ankle should not be less than 18cm in diameter. Trainers, trainer style shoes, boots, canvas shoes, sandals and pumps are not suitable footwear. Gypsy, high waisted, stretch-pencil and pleated skirts are not permitted.
The Headteacher will be the final arbiter on all uniform issues. The school reserves the right to make changes to the uniform outlined above. Parents will be notified via the school website.
Only discreet make-up is allowed. This includes no additions such as false nails or false eyelashes.
Headscarves in school colours of blue or grey may only be worn for religious or medical reasons.
All other hair accessories must be discreet and in school colours.
Hats are not to be worn in school; coat hoods are not to be worn up.
The only jewellery allowed is one set of studs, and a watch. Jewellery that is not allowed may be confiscated.
Tongue/nose studs, ear stretchers or any facial or body piercings are not allowed.