Details of the official school uniform are set out below:
The Governors and Staff expect that all students wear full school uniform. It helps students identify with the school and reduces tension at home about what is appropriate school wear.
|Essential items which need to be purchased from our uniform suppliers
- St Helena School navy blazer with the school logo (girls or boys fit available)
- St Helena School blue tie
- St Helena School unisex PE Polo shirt/St Helena round neck t-shirt
- St Helena School unisex quarter zip long sleeve sports top
|Other essential items which can be purchased from our uniform suppliers or other retailers.
These items do not need to have the school logo.
- Mid grey trousers – traditional school trousers (non-stretch material)
- AND/OR Mid grey pleated school skirt with/without the school logo – must be knee length.
- AND/OR Mid grey culottes with/without the school logo
- Long or short-sleeved plain white shirt with traditional collar buttoned to the top. ∙
- Mid or graphite grey or black tights or socks.
- Traditional black polishable low-heel shoes (no trainers please other than for PE or playing on the hardcourts at lunch, trainers are not allowed to be worn in school)
PE kit can be purchased from our uniform suppliers or other retailers
- Navy blue PE shorts – with/without the school logo
- Navy blue football socks – with/without the school logo
- Plain navy blue tracksuit bottoms/Navy blue leggings- with/without the school logo
- PE footwear – trainers
- The only jumper to be worn is either the v neck logo jumper or non branded navy v neck jumper. No sweatshirts allowed, round necks or hoodies are permitted.
- A suitable outdoor coat for wearing to and from school.
Hoodies, leather jackets and denim jackets are NOT permitted anywhere on the school site.
- Football boots
- Additional optional items of uniform are available via the uniform suppliers website
- Skinny jeans, skinny trousers, leggings, tapered trousers, chinos and flares are NOT classed as traditional school wear.
- As a guide: trousers should be tailored, the leg width remaining the same from hip to ankle. The width of the ankle should not be less than 18cm in diameter.
- Trainers, trainer style shoes, boots, canvas shoes, sandals and pumps are not suitable footwear.
- Gypsy, high waisted, stretch-pencil skirts are not permitted.
- The Head of school will be the final arbiter on all uniform issues. The school reserves the right to make changes to the uniform outlined above. Parents will be notified via the school website.
- Only discreet make-up is allowed. This includes no additions such as false nails or false eyelashes.
- Headscarves in school colours of blue or grey may only be worn for religious or medical reasons.
- Hats are not to be worn in school; coat hoods are not to be worn up.
- The only jewellery allowed is one set of studs, and a watch. Jewellery that is not allowed may be confiscated. This must all be removed for PE
- Tongue/nose studs, ear stretchers or any facial or body piercings are not allowed.